IRMO, SC (WIS)- Officials investigating Wednesday's fire that killed two children believe an electrical failure ignited a Christmas tree, which resulted in a very hot and fast developing fire.
"The area of origin for this fire was in the family room, beside a fireplace," stated an Irmo Fire District news release. "Evidence of electrical wiring/arcing was found in the fire debris."
Firefighters responded to the St. Andrews Apartment complex just off St. Andrews Road around 9:50 a.m.
When they arrived, crews learned three people lived inside the residence.