Sunday morning fire damages home in Irmo | News
IRMO, SC (WIS)- A home in the Friarsgate subdivision was damaged by fire Sunday morning.
Irmo Fire District crews were called to the house on Upton Grey Rd. at about 8:16 Sunday morning.
Everyone inside got out safely.
It took firefighters about 30 minutes to get the flames under control.
Firefighters say it started in a back corner of the living room and the cause has been determined to be electrical. The living room, kitchen, hallway and bedrooms were damaged. A cost of the damage has not been estimated.
People who lived in the home were renting it, and firefighters say relatives are helping them find a place to live.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.